Let's get started! We are very excited to speak to you about our amazing adventurer's paradise.
First, please take a moment to fill out and submit this short questionnaire. The information you provide will only be used to help us begin crafting the perfect Alaska get-away, designed around your needs and preferences. A Latitude 57 team member will be in touch with you shortly to go over any questions you may have and confirm your reservation request. If you have any questions or concerns in the meantime, please call or drop a line and we'll be happy to answer them for you. We look forward to helping transform your Alaska dream into one of life's finest adventures.
* See below the questionnaire for more information regarding the Latitude 57 property and a little more about Sitka, Alaska.
About Latitude 57
The Property and Surrounding Land: Latitude 57 is a remote island property located on Middle Island in the Sitka Sound, a short boat ride outside of Sitka, Alaska. This wild and magical spot naturally evokes a feeling of peace and safety-allowing guests to relax, unwind, and connect on a deeper, more powerful level.
The surrounding forest and ocean provide a vast array of activities and opportunities-from hiking, atv rides near a volcano, sport fishing, kayaking, natural hot springs, wildlife viewing, beach exploration, and custom wildlife photo safaris to meet every desire and interest. These five acres of private oasis are surrounded by ocean, islands and national forest. There are private beaches, outdoor and indoor sitting areas, a 14-person sauna with an attached cold dip, outdoor fire pits for gathering to relax and roast s’mores in the forest or on the beach, and hiking trails on site. It is possible to see wildlife from each cabin/suite and the main lodge area.
A little more about Latitude 57 and Sitka, Alaska:
Sitka, Alaska the “Paris of the Pacific” is often regarded as a place of enchantment and magic due to its awe-inspiring natural beauty, rich history, and unique cultural heritage. Here are some reasons why Latitude 57 and the city of Sitka captivates the imagination and earns its reputation as a magical destination.
- Breathtaking Surroundings: Sitka is nestled on the western coast of Baranof Island, surrounded by lush rainforests, majestic mountains, and the sparkling waters of the Pacific Ocean. Latitude 57, a five-acre private paradise, is located ten minutes from Sitka’s harbor on the northern end of Middle Island. The sheer beauty of the landscape, with its snow-capped peaks, verdant forests, and pristine coastline, creates a mesmerizing backdrop that inspires a sense of wonder.
- Abundant Wildlife: The waters surrounding Sitka are teeming with diverse marine life, including whales, sea otters, seals, and sea lions. Sitka is also home to a variety of bird species, including bald eagles, puffins, and herons. The opportunity to witness these creatures in their natural habitat adds an element of enchantment to the area. The best spot to view them all is from the Observation Deck at the Peak Lodge at Latitude 57.
- World Class Angling: Located on the most westerly point of Baranof Island, Sitka has some of the most pristine, supremely managed fishing grounds in the world. Intersecting the natural migratory patterns of all five salmon species and providing the perfect environment for ground fish, including an abundance of halibut, lingcod, and rockfish, fishing in Sitka provides the opportunity of a lifetime. Anglers guided by Latitude 57’s expert Coast Guard certified captains, go home with an abundance of professionally portioned, commercially vacuum packed and blast frozen filets, to fill their home freezers.
- Native Culture and History: Sitka has a rich Native American heritage, with the Tlingit people having a significant presence in the region for thousands of years. The cultural traditions, art, and craftsmanship of the Tlingit community are deeply woven into the fabric of Sitka's identity. Exploring the totem poles, visiting the Sheldon Jackson Museum, or attending a traditional ceremony provides a glimpse into the captivating history and living culture of the area. Additionally, Latitude 57 hosts and displays the work of many contemporary native and local artists, all of which is available to take home with inquiry.
- Historical Significance: Sitka holds immense historical significance, particularly as the site of the 1804 Battle of Sitka, which marked the transfer of Alaska from Russia to the United States. The town's historical district, known as Sitka National Historical Park, houses preserved Russian Orthodox buildings, totem poles, and a battlefield, serving as a testament to the town's past. Walking through these historic sites creates a sense of stepping back in time and adds to the enchantment of the place.
- Mystical Wilderness: Sitka offers access to vast wilderness areas, such as Tongass National Forest, the largest national forest in the United States. Its sprawling landscapes, old-growth forests, and hidden trails evoke a sense of mystery and exploration. Hiking through the moss-covered trees, immersing oneself in the silence of nature, and stumbling upon hidden waterfalls or secluded coves contribute to Sitka's magical allure. Latitude 57 grounds are surrounded by over 1200 acres of pristine Tongass forest and provide a perfect launching point to explore Middle Island.
- Serenity and Tranquility: Sitka's remote location and small-town atmosphere provide a sense of peace and tranquility. At Latitude 57, away from the hustle and bustle of city life, visitors can immerse themselves in the natural surroundings and find solace in the serene atmosphere. This calmness allows for introspection, relaxation, and a connection to the magical elements.
In combination, these factors contribute to the magical allure of Sitka, Alaska and specifically Latitude 57. Whether it’s the majestic landscapes, vibrant wildlife, culture heritage, or the sense of serenity, this unique destination has the power to captivate and inspire those who have the opportunity to experience its enchantment. With the custom curated excursions that are available at Latitude 57, we deliver a world class, unforgettable Alaska experience.
- Bookings Upgrades: We can allocate rooms depending on preference and desire. Some cabins and houses are located farther away from the main lodge providing more seclusion, for example. This would be best discussed on a call.
- Meals and Nourishment: All stays include three meals (breakfast buffet, lunch, and chef-prepared dinner) per day. Non alcoholic drinks and a limited selection of well spirits and drafts are included with the price. Depending on the desire of the group and/or leadership, alcohol and additional snacks can be purchased prior to arrival, or the group can stop at the grocery/liquor store on the way to the property.
- Gathering Areas: The main gathering area is The Peak. This is the main lodge where food is served. In addition there are many areas thoughtfully placed throughout the property, for guests to gather. The Peregrine’s Nest provides an elevated platform for outdoor and large group gatherings. There are multiple patios and chairs placed with views of the ocean and forest. The entire five acres is yours to use as you please.
- Complimentary Wifi: (StarLink) is available in the main lodge, cabins and most outdoor gathering areas.
- F&B Minimum Spend - No minimum spend. Food is included in the price.
Getting Here and Back Home:
Fly into Sitka Rocky Gutierrez Airport (SIT). All flights go through Seattle, WA as the hub (SEA) (both Domestic and International) before flying North to Alaska. There are non stop flights from Seattle to Sitka in the summer months through Alaska Airlines. Delta Airlines also flies up to Sitka in the summer.